Hiking & cycling trips on summer holidays in Tirol
Spend your active summer holidays in Tirol. The region around Hotel DER RESCHENHOF is a paradise for hiking and cycling trips for young and old. Be it leisurely hikes across alpine pastures, challenging mountain or bike tours to the surrounding summit crosses or leisurely outings on the e-bike – the holiday region Hall-Wattens has plenty to offer.
Hiking in the Region Hall-Wattens
Here, passionate summiteers get their money's worth, as do leisure-oriented nature lovers. Stages of the Adlerweg (Eagle Walk) trail, Tirol's new hiking trail featuring innovative signposts, and the St. James Trail lead through our region. Be it Tirol's largest wildlife park, the Alpenpark Karwendel, wild and romantic mountain valleys, famous peaks or leisurely, gentle footpaths in the valley – here you'll find your very personal hiking paradise. Numerous options for stopping off at rustic huts and lodges complete the Tirolean mountain experience. Hiking maps and tips for hiking routes are available at our reception.
Suggestions for your hikes in Tirol
Easy, medium or difficult: Every skill level will find a suitable hiking route in Tirol. It's our pleasure to let you in on a few hiking suggestions for your summer holidays in the Region Hall-Wattens:
- Zirbenweg (Pine-trail): Distance: 6.9 km, Duration: 2,5 h, Climb-up: (after taking the cable car) 180 mda, Climb-down: 275 mda, Difficulty: easy;
- Panoramic trail Hinterhornalm – Walderalm: Distance: 3.6 km, Duration: 1 h 25 min, Climb-up: 257 mda, Climb-down: 251 mda, Difficulty: easy;
- Four-hut-hike - along Patscherkofel and Glungezer mountains: Distance: 10.9 km, Duration: 3 h 35 min, Climb-up: (after taking the cable car) 25 mda, Climb-down: 1,060 mda, Difficulty: medium;
- To the Blue Lakes: Distance: 15.6 km, Duration: 8 h, Climb-up: 1,609 mda, Climb-down: 1,554 mda, Difficulty: medium;
- Glungezer & Geier high route: Distance: 15.6 km, Duration: 8 h, Climb-up: 739 mda, Climb-down 1,329 mda, Difficulty: difficult;
- Four-Summit-Tour along Glungezer high route: Distance: 13.6 km, Duration: 5 h, Climb-up: 1,024 mda, Climb-down: 906 mda, Difficulty: difficult;
More detailed descriptions of the tours can be found here, or on site at our reception.
Mountainbiking & cycling around Mils in Tirol
Mountainbiking is no longer only for athletic cyclists, but leisure cyclists also more and more appreciate this very special way of experiencing nature while touring on bicycle in the mountains. In the Region Hall-Wattens everyone will get their money's worth: From challenging routes to higher located alpine pastures or summits all the way to leisurely cycleways in the valley or in the hilly terrain, your holiday region around Mils in Tirol offers everything a cyclist's heart desires. Use your summer holidays in DER RESCHENHOF for mountainbiking and cycling in the Tirolean mountains.
Suggestions for your cycling tour in Tirol
It's our pleasure to let you in on a few wonderful tours already now so that you can enjoy your bicycle trips on your holidays in Tirol to the fullest:
- Bikeway along Inn River: Distance: 31.9 km, Duration: 2,5 h, Climb-up: 10 mda, Climb-down: 45 mda, Difficulty: easy;
- Tour Gnadenwald – Maria Larch: Distance: 10.5 km, Duration: 1 h 30 min, Climb-up: 314 mda, Climb-down: 298 mda, Difficulty: easy;
- Wattenberg – Kreuztaxen: Distance: 22.1 km, Duration: 2 h, Climb-up: 981 mda, Climb-down: 981 mda, Difficulty: medium;
- Three-hut-tour in Karwendel: Distance: 21.7 km, Duration: 4 h, Climb-up: 692 mda, Climb-down: 692 mda, Difficulty: medium;
- Hinterhornalm: Distance: 6 km, Duration: 1 h 40 min, Climb-up: 664 mda, Climb-down: 39 mda, Difficulty: difficult;
- Tour Tulfeinalm: Distance: 10.2 km, Duration: 3h, Climb-up: 1,153 mda, Climb-down: 49 mda, Difficulty: difficult;
More details about the bike tours are available on request or locally at our reception.
E-bikes for rent in Hotel DER RESCHENHOF
The above touring tips are of course also perfect for all e-bikers. Grab an e-bike and explore the Tirolean mountains. Don't have your own e-bike or it's too heavy to haul along? No problem, because in Hotel Der Reschenhof the following e-bikes are available for rent (on request, subject to availability):
- 2 City-E-Bikes
- 4 Mountain-E-Bikes
- ½ day (morning or afternoon): € 20.00
- 1 Day: € 35,00
Bikeschaukel Tirol (Bike Swing Tyrol)
Flexible riding fun with the new Bikeschaukel Tirol, which leads into the heart of the Alps along more than 660 km. A total of 12,000 of the 25,000 metres difference in altitude can be covered with one of the 18 cable cars, as and when riders feel like it.