Hiking in summer holidays in Tyrol
Spend your active summer holidays in Tyrol. The region around Hotel DER RESCHENHOF is a paradise for hiking trips for young and old. Be it leisurely hikes across alpine pastures, challenging mountaineeing tours to the surrounding summit crosses or leisurely outings in the Inn Valley − the holiday region Hall-Wattens has plenty to offer.
Hiking in the Region Hall-Wattens
Here, passionate summiteers get their money's worth, as do leisure-oriented nature lovers. Stages of the Adlerweg (Eagle Walk) trail, Tirol's new hiking trail featuring innovative signposts, and the St. James Trail lead through our region. Be it Tirol's largest wildlife park, the Alpenpark Karwendel, wild and romantic mountain valleys, famous peaks or leisurely, gentle footpaths in the valley – here you'll find your very personal hiking paradise. Numerous options for stopping off at rustic huts and lodges complete the Tirolean mountain experience. Hiking maps and tips for hiking routes are available at our reception.
Suggestions for your hikes in Tirol
Easy, medium or difficult: Every skill level will find a suitable hiking route in Tirol. It's our pleasure to let you in on a few hiking suggestions for your summer holidays in the Region Hall-Wattens:
- Zirbenweg (Pine-trail): Distance: 6.9 km, Duration: 2,5 h, Climb-up: (after taking the cable car) 180 mda, Climb-down: 275 mda, Difficulty: easy;
- Panoramic trail Hinterhornalm – Walderalm: Distance: 3.6 km, Duration: 1 h 25 min, Climb-up: 257 mda, Climb-down: 251 mda, Difficulty: easy;
- Four-hut-hike - along Patscherkofel and Glungezer mountains: Distance: 10.9 km, Duration: 3 h 35 min, Climb-up: (after taking the cable car) 25 mda, Climb-down: 1,060 mda, Difficulty: medium;
- To the Blue Lakes: Distance: 15.6 km, Duration: 8 h, Climb-up: 1,609 mda, Climb-down: 1,554 mda, Difficulty: medium;
- Glungezer & Geier high route: Distance: 15.6 km, Duration: 8 h, Climb-up: 739 mda, Climb-down 1,329 mda, Difficulty: difficult;
- Four-Summit-Tour along Glungezer high route: Distance: 13.6 km, Duration: 5 h, Climb-up: 1,024 mda, Climb-down: 906 mda, Difficulty: difficult;
More detailed descriptions of the tours can be found here, or on site at our reception.
Guided hikes in the Hall-Wattens region
Let a professional hiking guide show you the "hikeable" region of Hall-Wattens. They are happy to take you to the loveliest places in the surrounding area, let you in on exciting stories and will definitely have a few insider tips for you.
These guided hikes are offered and provided by Hall-Wattens tourist association:
- TUESDAY 10:00 a.m.: On Tulfes herbal trail − From blossom to honey
➜ Duration: approx. 2 hours
➜ Meeting point: Tourist information office in Tulfes, Schmalzgasse 27
➜ Register: by Monday 6.00 p.m. At the latest in Hall tourist office
- WEDNESDAY 9:00 a.m.: Summit tour to the Glungezer − Salute the Mountains!
➜ Duration: 6 hours (walking time: approx. 4 hours)
➜ Meeting point: Car park at the valley station for the Glungezerbahn in Tulfes
➜ Guest rate: free (excl. ascent aids)
➜ Register: by Tuesday 6.00 p.m. At the latest in Hall tourist office
- FRIDAY 9:00 a.m.: In the footsteps of Maximilian I.
➜ Duration: approx. 5 hours
➜ Meeting point: Halltal car park, Absam
➜ Register: by Thursday 6.00 p.m. At the latest in Hall tourist office
More information on guided hikes offered by the tourist association are available here.
IMPORTANT: Mountain shoes, all-weather clothing and supplies (including drinks!) are definitely required!